Fire in Post Hall

By Danielle Marano
Staff Writer

On Saturday, Sept. 6, Post Hall residents had to evacuate the building due to the fire alarm sounding at approximately 3 a.m. The alarm forced every resident out of bed and onto the lawn in front of the building. RAs and students awaited information on whether the incident was serious, or just an oddly timed drill. The alarm was set off by a small fire in the microwave room in the basement of the building. Public Safety handled the situation quickly, and residents were allowed back into Post Hall after about 20 minutes. The fire department was not dispatched. According to Katie Muniz, a junior Dance major and RA in Nassau Hall, no one addressed the residents as a group to tell them what had actually happened. Word spread quickly that it was just popcorn. Christian Altamira, the Campus Life Coordinator of Post Hall, said, “We made sure everything was safe in the building before allowing students back inside.”

Photo courtesy of Janisha Sanford

Photo courtesy of Janisha Sanford

Advertisements


Categories: News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: