By Pete Barell
Arts and Entertainment Editor
Sept. 8 – Nov. 15
• Exhibit: Color and Time, Paintings by Roy Newell, 1956 – 2000
• Exhibit: Changing New York, Photographs by Berenice Abbott, 1935-1938. Steinberg Museum of Art, Hillwood Commons, 2nd Floor. Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Thursdays until 8:00 p.m., Saturdays 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Oct. 14 – 18
• Exhibition: Art Department. presents BFA Art Education Student Exhibition featuring Chsitina Morell and Michelle D’Errico. Hillwood Student Art Gallery. Reception on Oct. 15, from 5-8 p.m. Free, all are welcome.
• Media Arts Department. presents Public Relations Open Lunch at 12:30 p.m. in Hillwood Commons, Rm. 218. Free, all are welcome.
• Grand Opening: Art Gallery Store at Art Student Gallery in Hillwood Commons at 12:30 p.m. Student artworks will now be on sale to the public.
• Dean Noel Zahler invites faculty and staff of SVPA to the Fall Faculty Meeting at Patron’s Lounge (Tilles Center) at 12:30 p.m. Lunch will be served, RSVP to Kimberly.McGuire@liu.edu.
• Exhibition: LIU Post Art Exchange Show at Fairleigh Dickinson University Gallery in New Jersey. 14 MFA and BFA student artwork. Reception from 4 – 6 p.m.
Oct. 17 – 26
• Exhibition: Patchogue Art Festival (part of PAC MAC Festival). MFA students invited to participate. Opening reception from, 5 – 7 p.m. Indoor and outdoor galleries and installations.
• The Pioneer presents the first ever alumni event to take place in The Pioneer newsroom, Hillwood commons at 11 a.m. All alumni from the past 58 years invited. Breakfast will be served. Email Carolyn.Levin@liu.edu for more information.
• Concert: Music Department presents “Faculty Recital featuring Harris Becker, Guitar” at Greta Hall, 8:15 p.m. Free, all are welcome.
Oct. 21 – 25
• Exhibition: Art Department. presents MFA Student Exhibition featuring Jianan Li. Hillwood Student Art Gallery. Reception on Oct. 22 from 5-8 p.m. BFA student Sofie Hoff will be featured in the Sculpture Gallery. Free, all are welcome.
Oct. 24 – 26
• Event: Music Department. presents “16th Annual Haunted Mansion: Dante’s Inferno Path of Tortures” at Fine Arts Center, 6 p.m. Admission is $7 ($6 for LIU student with ID; $5 for children 12 and under). Call (516) 299-2475 for further details.
• Show: Post Theatre Company (PTC) presents “Rifle Range
Lab: Hell and Back” written and directed by Paige Espinosa at Rifle Range Theatre. All shows are at 7:30 p.m. except a 3 p.m. matinee on 10/26. Call PTC Box Office at (516) 299-2356 or email post-PTC@liu.edu for further information.
Oct. 5 – 27
• Exhibit: Larry Aarons’, “The Myths of Man,” over 35 pastel, charcoal and graphite portraits. Hutchins Art Gallery, B. Davis Schwartz Memorial Library. Open to the public Tuesday- Saturday 1:00-4:00 p.m. Free admission.
Categories: Arts and Entertainment