By Pete Barell
Arts and Entertainment Editor
Sept. 8 – Nov. 15
• Exhibit: Color and Time, Paintings by Roy Newell, 1956 – 2000. Exhibit: Changing New York, Photographs by Berenice Abbott, 1935-1938. Steinberg Museum of Art, Hillwood Commons, 2nd Floor. Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Thursdays until 8:00 p.m., Saturdays 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Nov. 12 – 16
• Show: Post Theatre Company presents “RENT” directed by Raymond Zilberg. A new, revisited version of the popular musical, unplugged and with a three-piece band. Little Theatre Mainstage. All shows start at 7:30 p.m. except a 3:00 p.m. matinee on 11/16, and an additional 2:00 p.m. matinee on 11/14. General admission tickets are $10, and $5 with a student ID. For tickets call 516-299-2356.
• Dean’s Lecture Series: “The School Act and the
American Myth of Success: The Marx Brothers, Vaudeville and Americanization.” Associate Professor of Theatre Rick DesRochers will discuss the Marx Brother’s Sociological implications on progressive education reforms and challenges to the American myth of success, at 12:30 p.m., Tilles Center Patrons Lounge. Lunch will be served. RSVP to Kimberly. McGuire@liu.edu or call (516) 299-2395 by Nov. 10
• Junior Recital: Zachary St. John, Trumpet. 5:30 p.m., Great Hall. Free Admission
• Senior Recital: Juliana Hyatt, Flute and Voice. 8:15 p.m., Great Hall. Free Admission
• The Pioneer Newspaper Meeting (every Monday). Hillwood, Room 199 at 12:30 p.m. Free lunch is always served. New students are welcome.
Nov. 11 – 16
• Exhibit: Art Dept. presents Student Exhibition of Michelle Iodice, BFA Art Education major. Hillwood S.A.L. Gallery. Free, all are welcome. Reception: Nov. 12, 5-8 p.m.
• Exhibit: Graduate Art Therapy, Sculpture Gallery. Free, all are welcome. Reception: Nov. 13.
Categories: Arts and Entertainment