Letter to the Editor

Dear Editor:

Regarding “Fire Alarms Disrupt Classes” posted on Feb. 24, 2015, we would like to clarify that on Feb. 4, the Life Sciences building’s heat and thermal detectors were triggered causing the first alarm. There was no fire and after the alarm was reset, a second alarm went off, possibly due to a faulty unit. At that point, the decision was made to replace the detector in case the original unit was faulty. There has been no inadvertent alarm since.

It is important to note that once a fire alarm goes off, LIU Post cannot allow anyone back inside the building until the Roslyn Fire Department deems the site is safe. The health and safety of LIU students, faculty, and staff remains our top priority, and we thank the LIU community for their continued cooperation.

Regards,
William Kirker, Director of Facilities Services at LIU Post

Advertisements


Categories: Letter To, Letters

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: